David P. Valenti
David is the Managing Shareholder of Valenti Corporate GC. He has served for almost two decades as outside and in-house general counsel to numerous companies from startups to Fortune 50 companies. His practice ranges from representation of high-tech and low-tech startup companies from inception through initial public offering to representation of public and private companies in mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings, general corporate matters, contracts, employment, real estate, licensing and intellectual property planning among other matters. He has advised clients in a wide variety of industries including software, optical networking, ecommerce, semiconductor production, telecommunications, medical devices, biotechnology, manufacturing, defense, aviation, and real estate investment trusts. David has represented a wide variety of technology clients, including JDS Uniphase Corp., SDL, Inc., Vignette Corporation, Agillion.com, Inc., MetaSolv Software, Inc., United Devices and Celion Networks. Mr. Valenti has also served as general counsel for numerous corporations, including software, hardware and services companies .
David is ideally positioned to:
- assist entrepreneurs and investors in the proper formation and finance of their business ventures;
- develop and implement effective strategies to grow businesses covering a broad variety of matters, including proper hiring and termination practices, compensation matters, stock option plans, finance, intellectual property protection, licensing matters and tax planning;
- compliance with regulatory matters from securities law compliance to other regulatory agency rules;
- negotiate and close business acquisition and disposition transactions as well as real estate transactions;
- draft and negotiate a wide variety of business contracts such as shareholder agreements, joint ventures, stock transfers, licensing agreements, distribution and consignment agreements, software development agreements, escrow and service agreements.
As in-house and outside general counsel counsel for numerous startup and emerging companies, David has functioned as a key business development adviser. David is sought after not only for his legal advise but for his experience and insight in the development of emerging companies. David has also worked as an attorney at some of the country’s most prestigious law firms, including in the Palo Alto office of Morrison and Foerster, where he served as counsel for technology companies from startups to Fortune 50 businesses.
David began his career as a Marketing Representative for IBM from 1987 through 1992. While at IBM, he worked with clients in the software, public sector and banking industries tailoring computing solutions and financing offerings to their needs. He was among the top two 2% of all sales representatives in the world.
Admitted David is licensed to practice law in the States of California and Texas.
Education David received a Bachelor of Sciences degree from the University of Kansas in 1987. While at the University of Kansas he majored in Mathematics with concentrations in Physics and Economics. He received his Juris Doctor degree (cum laude) from Southern Methodist University in 1995, where he served as Citation Editor of The International Lawyer and President of Phi Delta Phi honor society.
Practice Areas Corporate, Securities, Mergers & Acquisitions, Real Estate, Employment, Intellectual Property, Licensing, and Technology Transactions.